Many of us know about mangoes that how delicious they are!
Here, we’ll know about the mango leaves and their medicinal importance.
Basically, mangoes are very nutritious and healthy to eat regularly, where not only just kids but also adults love to eat. These mangoes are only found in the large areas of India and it is said to be the hub of mangoes where huge quantities of mangoes are exported from this country to all the countries.
When we look into mango leaves they’re basically like the all other leaves i.e. green in color. At first they’re reddish in color and as they grow they turn into dark greenish color.
Mango leaves are rich in:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- Also rich in flavonoids and phenols
- Have powerful antioxidant properties
These were just the qualities of these leaves now we’ll understand about the importance of these leaves and the medical impact on the human body.
- These leaves are rich in tannins called anthocyanidins useful for treating diabetes in the early stage.
- The method of using these leaves is simple first we need to dry the leaves and later crush them to get powder. This method can be used to treat the early stage of diabetes or the infusion method can also be utilized.
- Diabetic angiopathy and diabetic retinopathy are the two diabetic related problems which can be treated using mango leaves
- To overcome with these problems, follow this procedure
- First, take a cup of water at night
- Soak the leaves in to the water for a night
- Strain and drink the water
- This will help you get relief against the diabetic symptoms.
- This is also found to contain compound called ethyl acetate extract and 3betataraxerol.
- The importance of this compound is that it synergizes with insulin to activate GLUT4
- This help in the synthesis of the glycogen
- The stimulation of synthesis of glycogen will help to treat hyperglycemia
2. Helps in treatment of restlessness
- Restlessness exists due to anxiety and this is a problem where we don’t get any path to find a solution, in fact we get deeper into it.
- You can see in most of the Indian houses the home entrance is found hanging with mango leaves at the door step, the reason behind is the restlessness
- It can be used by adding the mango leaves to the bath water or by preparing tea (i.e. follow the above tea procedure) and adding it to the bath water
- This will refresh the body and will also treat the uneasiness.
3. Blood pressure can be reduced
- These leaves have a special property called hypotensive properties
- The properties found in these leaves are effective in lowering the blood pressure
- Blood vessels are also strengthened due to this property
4. Respiratory problems
- People suffering from cold, asthma and other respiratory problems can be taken care by the use of mango leaves.
- Mango leaves boiling in water by adding a little of honey to it is the remedy for cough and problems related to voice loss
5. Stops dysentery
Dried mango leaves are powdered and taken with water this should be followed for 3 times a day.
It will stop the dysentery
6. Heal burns
To overcome this problem burn a bunch of leaves until they form ashes.
These ashes can be applied to the area affected. It will cause a relief from the pain and helps in curing fast.
These burns can be on the skin or scalds where these ashes can be applied.
7. Ear aches
It is a simple method where we can cure the ear ache using mango leaves
At first, get the juice extracted from the mango leaves
Take a spoon of this drop and heat it a little Later, use this as eardrops to get relief from the pain.
(Visited 1,973 times, 1 visits today)