Nowadays we are exposed to a lot of different products that contain substances harmful to our health. Many of them can be found in our own homes!
Certain personal and home care products, products we use in work environment and in the restaurants must undergo some security measures in order to obtain a health guarantee. This way we will avoid exposing ourselves to dangerous amounts of certain substances contained in the below listed products. We urge you to switch to natural, homemade alternatives.
1* ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS
Many people consider it a good decision to switch from sugar to sweeteners. Although there are natural ones that are really healthy, you have to know which ones aren´t!
- Acesulfame K: causes tumors and affects pregnancy
- Aspartame: related to skin cancer
- Saccharin: related to bladder cancer, as it is indigestible and is excreted by the liver
- Sorbitol: it doesn´t digest well in the bowels, causes diarrheas, swelling and gases
We recommend you to switch from the aforementioned artificial sweeteners to honey or to the following ´´natural´´ sweeteners:
- Stevia can lower the blood pressure and the blood sugar levels.
- Xylitol: improves the bone density and reduces the risk of dental caries.
- Yacon Syrup: feeds the good bacteria in the bowels and helps alleviating constipation.
In order to keep the house and certain shops clean, we mostly use a variety of chemical products. Even though certain cleaning substances are necessary to keep us safe from bacteria, truth is many of them cause health problems such as:
- Respiratory disorders and asthma
- Hormonal problems
We recommend you to use the vinegar and baking soda combined together because they contain natural anti-microbial cleaning properties. They don´t provoke secondary effects like commercial cleaners. They fight bacteria such as: Staph salmonella and E. coli.
3*ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO ¨HEAD AND SHOULDERS¨
The anti-dandruff shampoo ¨Head and Shoulders 2-in-1″ contains methylchloroisothiazolinone and ammonium sulfate which may have been contaminated during production with a component such as 1, 4-dioxane.
Scientific studies have proven these components to be carcinogenic when combined together. United States Department of Health and Human Services said that they should be withdrawn from the market.
That is why we urge you to prepare a natural shampoo with rosemary and cypress to eliminate dandruff. Here´s how to make it: Mix five tablespoons of a common shampoo, three springs of rosemary and the same amount of cypress, five tablespoons of lemon or apple vinegar. Put it in a container with a lid and use it four times a week until the dandruff is gone.
It is supposed that antibacterial soap serves to get rid of the bad bacteria and germs. But current studies from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have shown that these soaps contain an ingredient called Triclosan, which is causing the following problems:
- Interference with hormonal levels (in the early age and puberty)
- Increases the risk of infertility and cancer.
Eliminate these chemical soaps and change them for the natural one, made at home. Homemade soaps are very good for skin and health in general. This is how you can make them:
- Grate a bar of mild, chemical-free soap with a standard grater.
- Melt the soap on low heat and stir it to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Add 30 drops of an essential oil to the melted soap and mix it well.
- Pour the mixture in a container and let it dry. After that you´ll be able to use it.
- Always pick an essential oil such as: eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary, lemon, clove and tea tree because they have anti-bacterial properties.
If you want to make a positive change in your house and to improve your health, take advantage of the benefits provided by natural products. They are equally effective, and even better than others that contain harmful substances. When you make your own hygiene products you are protecting your own life and the lives of your loved ones.
(Visited 12,699 times, 1 visits today)