- 3 Tbls unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ Cup strawberries, medium dice
- 24 golden oreos, divided
- 1 Tbls water
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ⅓ Cup sour cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ Cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- * Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half the golden oreos in a food processor. Pulse until it forms crumbs, add in the melted butter and pulse again until crumbs are covered in butter.
- * Press crumbs into a 8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper (or foil if your out of parchment paper!). Bake in oven for five minutes, take out and let cool on counter.
- * Place strawberries in pot with 1 Tbls sugar and 1 Tbls water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for ten mins until soft. You should stir this every few minutes.
- * Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and stir into mixture and simmer an extra minute until thickened. Place strawberry mixture in food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- * Place cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla and egg in food processor.
- * Pulse until smooth and combined. Place on top of oreo crust.
- * Pour half of the strawberry sauce on top of cheesecake. Use remaining sauce however you wish, I like adding it to lemonade, yum! Bake at 325 degrees for thirty-six minutes or until cheesecake is just slightly jiggly.
- * Take out of oven and let cool on a wire rack. Crush remaining oreos and sprinkle on top, gently pushing into the bars.
- * Place in a fridge covered and let set for at least three hours until cutting into squares.
- * Take out of pan and cut into squares
(Visited 582 times, 1 visits today)