Besides that oranges are good source of vitamin C, they are also very rich in vitamin A and B, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, soluble fiber, potassium and other nutrients.
In this article we are going to show you, why you shouldn’t throw away the peels. This is because they contain more phytonutrients and flavonoids than the inner pulp.
These are some of the benefits that orange peel has:
Fresh orange peels are the best solution if you suffer from yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth. Orange peel can work as a teeth staining reducer, and this is very effective on smoking stains.
Orange peel contains a compound known as d-limonene. Rub fresh orange peel with its inner side over your teeth foe 2-3 minutes.
Rinse your teeth with lukewarm water. To feel satisfied with the results, repeat the treatment 2 times daily. Another use of the orange peel in the oral health is preparing a paste.
Mix powdered orange peel, little water and some dried leaves. Brush your teeth twice a day for a few weeks with this paste.
Removes blackheads and whiteheads
Powdered orange peel can be used as a natural exfoliating agent that can remove the dead skin cells and dirt from your skin. Additionally it will prevent the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads.
- To prepare the paste take equal amounts of plain yogurt and orange peel powder;
- Once the paste is ready, apply it on your face and neck gentle circular motions;
- Allow the paste to act for 15-20 minutes;
- Use wet hands and gently rub off the paste;
- Use this solution every other day, in order to reduce the whiteheads and blackheads.
Orange peels are extremely helpful in the process of weight losing, because many nutritional components of oranges are in the peel.Include orange peel tea in your weight- loss diet instead of coffee and sodas.
Here are the instructions how to prepare this magical tea:
- Dry the peels from several oranges on dark and cold place;
- Pun only one tablespoon of them in 1 cup of boiling water;
- Cover and steep for 10 minutes;
- Add a little raw honey after you remove the peels;
- 2 cup of this herbal tea on a daily basis will do the trick.
Important: make sure you wash the peels well, and always use peels from organic oranges only.
(Visited 1,451 times, 1 visits today)