Numerous scientific studies have provided evidence that apple cider vinegar effectively treats eczema, as well as various other skin conditions.
Vinegar has numerous beneficial properties that are useful in the treatment of eczema, including:
- Apple cider vinegar contains beta-carotene, which supports the renewal of cells.
- Vinegar is a rich potassium source, which treats allergies and regulates the pH levels of the skin.
- Vinegar is high in numerous minerals and essential vitamins, such as iron, magnesium, sodium, pectin, potassium, Sulphur, calcium, and phosphorous, which control eczema and boost the immunity.
- It is rich in lactic, acetic and malic acids, which have strong anti-fungal and antibacterial properties which reduce inflammation, itchiness, soothe the dry skin and prevents skin infections.
- Apple cider vinegar is high in fiber which is useful in eliminating toxins that cause eczema.
Apple cider vinegar is useful in various other skin conditions, and it rejuvenates the skin and cleans it.
The application of apple cider vinegar on the face may provide numerous benefits for the skin. Here are 5 good reasons to use it, treat skin issues and enhance its quality.
Yet, note that you should never apply it directly on the face, but dilute it with water in a 1:1 ratio. Before you wash the face with this solution, apply it on the skin on your hand in order to test its effect, and make sure your skin is not sensitive to it.
- Apple cider vinegar fights blemishes, acne, pimples: Apple cider vinegar can provide the same effect as the expensive commercial acne creams. The formation of vinegar triggers the creation of malic acid. It has strong antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties so it prevents the formation of pimples and acne, and fights bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar eliminates toxins from the face: Its regular use will eliminate toxins from the skin and leave the skin radiant and clean.
- Apple cider vinegar reduces age spots: If you wash your face with apple cider vinegar on a daily basis, your age spots will be significantly reduced. Vinegar includes alpha hydroxy acids that help you get rid of dead skin cells and promote skin health. You should dab a bit on a cotton ball and place it directly on age spots, leave it to act for half an hour and rinse the face with water. Repeat this two times during the day for a month and a half and you will be surprised by the effect!
- Apple cider vinegar fights wrinkles: If you regularly wash the face with a solution of diluted apple cider vinegar will reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Soak a cotton pad in the solution and apply it on the skin. Afterward, rinse the face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apple cider vinegar balances the skin: Apple cider vinegar removes the oil from the skin and balances its pH levels. Thus, the sebum production is regulated and the skin will not become too dry or too oily. Therefore, the regular use of apple cider vinegar for washing the face will promote skin balance.
These are some of the most effective ways to treat eczema using apple cider vinegar:
- Apple cider vinegar diluted in water
Vinegar has potent antibacterial and antifungal properties, so its application will relieve the skin with eczema.
You will need:
- 2 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 3 Cotton Balls
In a small bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar and water, and using a cotton ball, apply it on eczema. Repeat this procedure until the eczema is completely treated. In the case of sensitive skin, add a teaspoon of vinegar to half a cup of water.
- Take apple cider vinegar orally
The oral consumption of apple cider vinegar will prevent eczema reoccurrence and will boost the immune system. Yet, that you should always use it in a diluted form!
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
Add a teaspoon of vinegar to a cup of water, and drink the mixture. Repeat this two or three times daily in order to eliminate eczema.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
The apple cider vinegar bath is extremely effective in the treatment of eczema.
You will need:
- ½ cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- A Moisturizer
- A bathtub
Add some apple cider vinegar to your bath and soak in it for around 15 minutes. You can add some coconut oil o the bath in order to enhance its effects and add a pleasant scent. Then, come out of the bath and pat dry with a clean towel. Next, apply the moisturizer on the affected areas. Repeat this on a daily basis until your eczema is entirely healed.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
Honey is extremely beneficial in the case of various skin conditions, reduces inflammation and soothes the irritated skin. Moreover, it has strong antibacterial properties which destroy bacteria. Therefore, this combination is excellent for treating eczema.
You will need:
- 2 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 glass of Water
Mix the honey with the apple cider vinegar and add their mixture to a glass of water. Stir it well and drink it. Consume this drink three times a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Honey (optional)
Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of baking soda and add their mixture to a cup of water. If you want to enrich the taste, you can also add a teaspoon of honey. Stir it well and consume it on a daily basis until the eczema is completely gone.
- Regardless of the way you use it, orally or externally, apple cider vinegar needs to be diluted, as it is strong and may lead to a severe burning sensation.
- You should always check whether you are allergic to apple cider vinegar before you start using it. You can do this easily, just apply a bit of vinegar to the skin and wait a minute to see whether it has caused some reaction.
- The oral use of apple cider vinegar can lead to irritation since vinegar is acidic, so it is not recommended in cases of diabetes, peptic ulcer or heartburn.
- You should keep your skin hydrated all the time, as dry skin may aggravate the eczema symptoms.
- Pregnant women should consult their doctor before they use apple cider vinegar, as it may cause complications in some cases.
- Avoid strong soaps and perfumed while using apple cider vinegar in order to avoid further damage and skin irritation.
- Avoid foods like milk, peanuts, soy, fish, wheat, and eggs as they may worsen the condition.
(Visited 1,484 times, 1 visits today)