Do you know what quenepa is? Don’t worry if you don’t, we didn’t know either but after learning about this amazing fruit and its health benefits we decided to share our discoveries with you. Its more popular name is Spanish lime and it has amazing brain boosting abilities as well as the ability to cure insomnia instantly.
This exotic fruit originates from the northern parts of South America but can also be found in the coasts and dry forests of Central America and the Caribbean. It has a sour and sweet taste and people usually combine it with a pinch of salt, chilly and lime. Experts say that the quenepa is a mix of lychee and lime; it has a firm and delicate flesh and hard shell.
Americans know it as the Spanish lime because of its similarity with that fruit and has a orang or yellow color. It is often sold in groups and clusters. The fruit has a soft and leathery texture with jelly-like flesh and a colorful aril with a pulp enclosing the seeds.
Quenepa abounds in the following nutrients:
- Vitamin C;
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12;
- Amino acids;
- Unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic);
- Tannins.The Spanish lime is rich in fibers which make it an excellent natural remedy against high cholesterol levels and chronic constipation. It also abounds in vitamin A which boosts the immune system and prevents urinary tract stones formation. It’s also rich in minerals like calcium, which strengthens the bones and teeth, while the antioxidants it contains make it an excellent ally against cancer and free radicals in the body.It contains ample amounts of phosphorus which can improve your digestion and balance your hormones, and the fruit can also reduce your blood pressure and resolve asthmatic problems. According to experts, the phenolic compound in the quenepa can boost your immune system and prevent cardiovascular diseases. Now that you know how health beneficial the quenepa is aren’t you amazed that you haven’t heard about it by now? Even though it’s not so famous, many people around the globe consider it to be the best natural remedy for a long list of medical conditions and diseases
Health benefits of the quenepa
- Eliminates parasites;
- Boosts your immune system and prevents bacterial buildup in the body;
- Excellent against urinary and lung infections;
- Boosts the reproductive system’s function;
- Treats and prevents kidney problems;
- Fixes constipation;
- Increases red blood cell production, effectively preventing anemia;
- Lowers high cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- Prevents bronchitis and the flu;
- Cures skin problems;
- Heals gum infections;
If you suffer from diarrhea you can mix some roasted quenepa seeds with honey and you’ll have amazing results.
This amazing exotic fruit is rich in nutrients which promote your overall health and you shouldn’t wait any longer to add it to your everyday diet.
(Visited 8,042 times, 1 visits today)