Stretch marks are usually a source of shame. They crush our confidence, especially when we want to flaunt our bodies in the summer. These marks typically appear on our tummies or thighs and are very embarrassing when seen by others.
They are caused by the physical stretching of the skin (from bodybuilding, pregnancy, obesity or rapid growth and hormonal changes in the body (from pregnancy or puberty). They come in various sizes, colors and shapes.
Stretch marks often appear on the abdomen, lower back, chest, upper arms, buttocks and thighs.
People try to get rid of them by using many pharmaceutical ointments and cosmetic products. But did you know there is another way to eliminate these marks without spending too much?
Exfoliation is the most effective way. You can prepare a simple exfoliation scrub at home using products that you already have in your kitchen.
These 2 common household ingredients can be very effective in removing stretch marks:
Ground Coffee – Coffee is an excellent exfoliator. It removes rough dead skin cells and allows the new skin layer to get proper treatment and humidification. Caffeine in contact with skin through massaging improves the circulation and it greatly combats cellulite.
Olive Oil – Olive oil cleans, nourishes and protects the skin at the same time. It also penetrates the skin layer where stretch marks are present.
Here is the procedure that you’ll need to follow:
1. Take the amount of coffee grounds you need to massage the place that you want to treat. Put the coffee grounds in a small bowl and add enough warm water to moisten it and stir. Do not put too much water.
2. Add olive oil to the bowl to make a homogeneous mixture. Ideally, the end mix should produce a paste that can stay on your skin for an extended period of time.
3. Once the paste is ready, apply it to and around the area where the stretch marks are present and gently massage it. Ideally, your skin should be clean prior to applying the scrub for the best results.
4. Leave the paste on your skin for twenty minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove the mixture with a non-abrasive cloth.
6. Apply a natural moisturizer to the area 2-3 times throughout the day.
7. This scrub should be repeated once a day until you see a noticeable difference in the area. Be patient and don’t give up!
It’s very easy right? Let us know if works for you!
(Visited 1,769 times, 1 visits today)