Did you know that your eyes can anticipate illness? They are a special window when it comes to your health.
There has been a list, comprised out of around 10 things your eyes can tell you about what is wrong with your body. Here we present you a few of them.
- If your outer third of the eyebrow starts to disappear, all by itself, it is an indicatior that you have a thyroid illness.
- If you have a stye, and it does not clear within the period of three months, or just keeps coming back in the same area, then it is an indicator of a certain type of cancer, called sebaceous gland carcinoma.
- Do you have a fuzzy, blurred vision or burning eyes while you are sitting in front of the computer? You are suffering from a computer system vision syndrome (CVS). This eye strain is particularly cause because you have to focus on computer pixels for a longer period of time, and it is triggered by a lack of contrast on thecomputer screen.
- If you happen to have a little blind spot, with sparkling lights or wavy blus in your viion, it means that your migraine is kicking in. This can be accompanied by a severe headache.
- Are the whites in your eye turning yellow? This is a condition called jaundice. It usually occurs with babies whose liver function is still immature, or with adults, whose function of the liver or gallbladder is not at its best.
- When the eye appears to bulge, this is a typical cause of hyperthyroidism, which is when the thyroid gland is being overactive.
- An unexpected dim vision, double vision or loss of vision are indicators of a stroke.
- Blurred vision means that you are diabetic. The diabetics always have an increased risk of eye problems, and the most common problem is the diabetic retinopathy. It is a leading cause of sight loss among the American people nowadays.
Let’s face it – the vision is one of the most important senses. But all of us take it for granted until we start losing it.
The leading causes of the loss of sight in America are the negative effects of the diabetes. This is very true – every 1 out of 4 Americans is either pre-diabetic or diabetic.
The increased use of computers everywhere we go has a great impact on the eye health too.
People tend to ask – does the eyesight get worse with age? The answer is no. Even though leading a modern lifestyle can take its tool on your sight, there are solutions for it.
If you happen to be smoking, or you’re overweight or diabetic, or even take much time into sitting in front of the computer.
Iridology – are your eyes really a mirror of your health? Iridology is the research done on the iris of the eye, which can solve the intriguing questions whether your eye sight is really connected to your overall health.
Even though the majority of the physicians discard this idea, this is a theory that sets foot in people’s minds in the mid 17th century. The theory is that various colors and patterns in articular zones of the iris show details about your overall health.
This is done by simply analyzing the iris and comparing it to several charts. This is how an illness or an abnormality is being spotted.
Even though all it can do in some cases is give indications, it is still found very helpful. But keep in mind that in US and Canada the professionals do not have to be licensed or accredited, so we recommend you seek a certified doctor who is also an iridologist.
What you definitely need to do in order to preserve your sight is to quit smoking cigarettes, take proper care of your cardiovascular system, try to preserve an ideal blood pressure, stabilize the blood sugar levels etc.
Now, let’s turn to the nutrients. You need to consume more fresh dark green leafy veggies, especially kale.
Furthermore, try to get as much omega 3 healthy fats as possible, but make sure that it is th real deal. The fish farming has proved to be unnatural and unhealthy nowadays, so pick your fish carefully.
Refrain yourself from consuming trans fat. This means you should cut back on the baked goods, processed foods, margarine, crackers, cookies, fried food, doughnuts and pastries.
Your greatest allies in having a good vision is the antioxidant. Lutein, zeaxanthin, astaxanthin and black currant anthocyanins are all specifically good antioxidantswhen it comes to improving and preserving your eye sight.
The lutein is found in green leafy veggies and all orange and yellow vegetables and fruits. On the other hand, the astaxanthin is the best carotenoid for an optimal eye health.
It protects the eyes from glaucoma, retinal arterial occlusion, venous occlusion, cataracts, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, cystoid macular edema and inflammatory eye diseases. It is very easy to find these supplements on the market nowadays.
If you decide to give the astaxanthin a try, then start with 2 mg a day, and gradually work your way up. But, in any case, consult with your eye doctor first.
We are exhausting our eyes much more than our ancestors have. Few of us are aware of that. And because of the pollution, the way we eat and functon, our body cannot fight against some conditions, in which cases the eyes suffer.
This is why, if there is anything you can do to prevent yourself from losing your sight, do it.
(Visited 4,171 times, 1 visits today)